Luggage Tags are one of the most essential travel accessories. Its sole purpose is to make people know what yours is and make your traveling seamless and stress-free. Doesn’t matter if you are flying internationally or planning a quick local trip, luggage tags are always helpful.
When the bag is lost, the actual owner and officers find it using luggage tags. The barcodes or information on the luggage tags makes the process easier. And when the tags are removed from the bags, it becomes impossible to identify its actual owner. That’s why using a luggage tag on your luggage is practical and necessary.
In the past few years, these tags have become much more innovative, durable, and versatile. They are available in different types, colors, and designs and with unique technologies, allowing bag owners to use tags as a practical thought statement piece.
However, even though the trend of Luggage Tags is increasing because of its variety, people still get confused when it comes to using them correctly. Therefore, we have created a guide on how to use luggage tags properly that will solve all the related confusion.
How to Pick the Right Luggage Tags?
Whenever you are traveling and want to use luggage tags, the first thing to consider is its design.
Yes, the Luggage Tag Design Matters! It should be sturdy, practical, as well as aesthetical. And for that, you should know how to pick the right one. Here is how you can pick the correct luggage tags depending on your travel requirements.
Focus on Material
Select luggage tags in suitable material so that they can survive in all environmental conditions, like rain, hot weather, and extremely cold surroundings. Plastic and leather (Any kind) are the best option.
Consider the features
The market is filled with different luggage tags with different features. Not all of them are created equally. So it is essential to look for the one that fits your requirements. It should provide information while having all the necessary features. Don’t neglect features because of your favorite design; instead, look for a design that has all the essential features.
Design is the last thing to consider
As mentioned above, luggage tags are available in many sizes, colors, shapes, and designs, which give you a vast collection to choose from. So, whenever selecting, narrow down your options depending on your feature requirements and personality.
And then pick the design that you like out of them.
What is the most important information to mention on the Luggage Tags?
The primary role of Luggage Tags is to provide appropriate information, and that’s why it should be your main focus. Here is the information you should mention on them:
- Name and Surname: This information should come at the top.
- Mobile Number and Email Address: Mention your mobile number with the proper area code and email address so that you can easily be reached.
- Social Handling: In this digital world, you can also add your social media handle. It can be used when you don’t want to provide your phone number, address, or email ID on the tag.
- Address: Including the address will ensure that you will receive your luggage at your address even if it gets misplaced. However, mentioning it should be your last option as this information can increase your chances of getting robbed.
As the luggage tags are attached to the exterior side of the bags and will be accessible by everyone, you have to be careful with the information you are providing on it. It is important not to provide too much information to avoid any kind of misuse or future glitches.
Is using Luggage Tags necessary?
Using luggage tags is essential when you are traveling in a group or via public transport. Also, if someone else is going to handle your luggage, attaching tags becomes necessary. The key reason behind it is to avoid misplacement of your stuff. However, it is essential to attach a durable and practical tag with clear information to make it work. It will help anyone to reach you easily.
Luggage Tags are available in different designs and colors, so you can look for the one that can easily be spotted from a distance. Also, these are inexpensive and make traveling peaceful, so using them can be your ‘way to go’.
Where is the best place to attach Luggage Tags?
- Top or side of handle: The best places to attach Luggage Tag are at the top or side of the handle. These places are easily noticeable.
- On the lock: In case your bag has a lock, you can also attach a tag near it.
- Tag holders: Nowadays, bags are available with a dedicated place for tag holders; so, if you are planning to buy a new bag or suitcase, you can look for this feature.
- Inside top pocket: If your bag has no feature to lock it, you can put a luggage tag inside the top pocket. It is easily accessible.
Luggage Tags Usage Tips:
- Mentioning the Address on the Luggage Tag should be your last option. You never know how others can use your information. If a wrong person found your luggage, s/he could rob your empty home or could blackmail you. Therefore, avoid mentioning very personal and exact information.
- Always place a secondary Tag inside your bag. Sometimes the outside tag might get lost or accidentally ripped off; therefore, you should keep another tag inside your bag. Mention your full name, phone number, email address, and social media handle on it to quickly get contacted. Place it on the topmost zippers to make it accessible.
- Avoid mentioning your nationality when traveling internationally. You need to be extra careful when traveling internationally and avoid mentioning your nationality in it. Mentioning such information might create you a fruitful target for robbers and thieves. So, be safe!
- Remove all airline stickers from your bag. Your bag might get filled with different airlines stickers when traveling internationally. So, remember to remove them to make your luggage tag easily stalked in the bag. You can leave one or two stickers on your bag, but don’t let it be covered by them.
Now you know the importance of Luggage Tags while traveling and how to use them wisely. We hope this guide will make your future travelling convenient.